Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Registers.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SoCal  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 5:03:38 PM(UTC)
SoCal

Groups: Registered

Touch pad on dryer needs to be replaced. Took it off, but find the control bracket (part 8283368) is glued to the back of the touch pad (8565434). This part needs to come off to get the plastic end caps off (8283447 and 82833450).

The control bracket must be glued to the back of the new touch pad.

How does on get the control bracket off of the old touch pad without bending it into an unusable shape? Razor blade did not work to break the glue.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

SoCal  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 7:26:18 PM(UTC)
SoCal

Groups: Registered

Strange answering my own question. I tried many things to soften the factory glue. Razor blade would not cut through. Nail polish remover a no go, as was glue removers I found in the store. But, old fashion carburator cleaner did work. Took several minutes to soften the glop the factory used. Then a box cutter with the long blade (long narrow - the kind that breaks off in little chunks when bent) could be bent just enough to get between the control bracket and the back of the touch pad. Turns out the glue is not needed. Apparently it was used to prevent the two parts from making a rattle when the dryer is running. Double sided tape does the same thing and makes removal very easy. Note: Had to replace touch panel to get rid of stuck on 'touch-up' cycle and constant beeping problems. Very expensive part.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply