Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mdmitchell  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 11:08:33 AM(UTC)
mdmitchell

Groups: Registered

When the start button is pushed on Maytag lse7806ace you hear a buzzer sound, like the one when the drying cycle is complete. Door Switch is working fine. I Found the buzzer and bypassed it and the dryer works as intended. Obviously this is a quick fix that is not long lasting at all.

Does anyone know what the problem really is?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 12:00:38 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
mdmitchell  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 1:03:30 PM(UTC)
mdmitchell

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks Eric. I can hear the timer whirring when the power is on, however my wife said it was like this before it blew completely. Is this a symptom of it not working? Any way to repair the timer itself?
mdmitchell  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 1:04:25 PM(UTC)
mdmitchell

Thanks Eric. I can hear the timer whirring when the power is on, however my wife said it was like this before the dryer stopped working. Is this a symptom of it not working? Any way to repair the timer itself?
fairbank56  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 1:28:44 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

It appears to me that contact number 1 inside the timer is faulty and not allowing enough power for the motor. By jumping out the buzzer, you are applying power to the motor via another set of contacts in the timer. It will work this way as long as your jumper is substantial enough to handle the motor current but it's not going to work properly in perm press cycle. Just because the timer motor runs, does not necessarily mean the timer is good. The timer motor rotates an internal cam that operates the various switches inside. It is the switch contacts that go bad. Best to just replace the timer.

Eric
mdmitchell  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 9:30:28 AM(UTC)
mdmitchell

It appears to me that contact number 1 inside the timer is faulty and not allowing enough power for the motor. By jumping out the buzzer, you are applying power to the motor via another set of contacts in the timer. It will work this way as long as your jumper is substantial enough to handle the motor current but it's not going to work properly in perm press cycle. Just because the timer motor runs, does not necessarily mean the timer is good. The timer motor rotates an internal cam that operates the various switches inside. It is the switch contacts that go bad. Best to just replace the timer.

Eric

Thanks Eric. I replaced the Timer however the issue still remains. Any other thoughts? I check the fuses and contacts and everything seems as it should
fairbank56  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 11:31:30 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Not without getting my hands on the machine to do some electrical troubleshooting. May be a wiring issue. Your not getting power to the motor which is via the timer.

Eric
mdmitchell  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 5:49:09 PM(UTC)
mdmitchell

Not without getting my hands on the machine to do some electrical troubleshooting. May be a wiring issue. Your not getting power to the motor which is via the timer.

Eric

Could it by chance be caused by a blown fuse? like I said it seemed like they are intact but the white thermal fuses are harder to discern. What is best way to tell if they are blown? However, the fuses are on the same line as the buzzer so if they indeed are blown wouldn't that make it so the buzzer will not sound?/ Thanks!
fairbank56  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 2:40:08 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

If the dryer works with the buzzer bypassed as you said, then the fuses are fine. Bypassing the buzzer does not bypass the fuses. Closely examine the gray wire between timer and buzzer. May have a break in it or a poor connection with one of the terminal lugs. Monitor the voltage at the GY terminal on the timer while trying to turn dryer on without buzzer jumped out. With timer on, you should have 120vac to ground at GY terminal. Press start button while monitoring. If voltage drops significantly, there is a bad connection or fault in the wire. If voltage remains steady there, do the same check at gray wire connections on buzzer terminal.

Eric
mdmitchell  
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 12:29:39 PM(UTC)
mdmitchell

Voltage dropped at GY. Followed the connection to the terminal and gave the wire a tug and it was completely separated from the terminal. Rewired it back up and it is working. Thanks!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply