Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
victor905  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:25:18 PM(UTC)
victor905

Groups: Registered

I have a Vinotemp VT-27 TS wine cooler that has served me well for around 4 years, and it just recently went out. Well, only the relay and overload, they had the rattling sounds on both, and the wine cooler has the common clicking sound when plugged in. I'm no electrician, but I know I could get this up and running with the help of members on this forum. I have a red wire that goes to the overload, and a blue wire that goes to the relay( I live in the U.S. Wiring may be a little different...). The relay reads QP2 4.7 and has 1 pin that plugs into the blue wire, and the bottom two prongs on the compressor. The overload just has one pin and plugs into the red wire, and to the top single prong on the common of the compressor. So to sum things up I only have a red and a blue wire, unlike other fridges and coolers that have more, maybe to run fans, grounds, or anything else that might need to pass through these. So now the problem Is buying a R&O kit that fits and finding out how to wire it. I found a kit on amazon for about $13 (had really good reviews), I also asked around amazon and was told by several people that this kit worked good on their vinotemp wine coolers and mini fridges, which are pretty much the same. The only problem with this kit is that there are 4 pins on this new relay and I only have one blue wire... So what pin on this relay does this blue wire go on? If anyone out there could help me, I would really appreciate it, I can provide you with all the info needed, thanks.

The part I purchased is in the URL below

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B..._=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
victor905 attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 1:07:37 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Need a picture the new start device.
richappy  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 1:10:53 AM(UTC)
richappy

I also need you to measure the ohms of the old start ptc device shown.
victor905  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 2:37:00 AM(UTC)
victor905

I just ordered this new relay and overload off of amazon 3 days ago (it should be coming in soon), so I can't actually take a picture of the new relay itself. These are the pictures provided by amazon and appliancepartspros.

The part number is Whirlpool 4387913 it comes in a kit with a relay and overload

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B...646844&robot_redir=1

This is the appliancepartspros same product:

Whirlpool 4387913 Overload - AppliancePartsPros.com

Sorry for the bad pictures it's all I have to work with right now, until the part gets here.
image.jpg
victor905  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 2:53:13 AM(UTC)
victor905

As for the ohms on the old start relay, I removed the relay after the picture, and it was no good at all. It had small pieces of the ceramic element inside... I measured the actual prongs on the compressor to check if the compressor was grounding, or if the compressor is still good, and it seems it's still good. I can't find much about the original relay all I know about it is it has QP2-4.7 on it and it has one single terminal (next to a 2 marked on the relay) and the blue wire was attached to this one.

Here is a better picture of the old relay with 1 terminal:
image.jpg
richappy  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 3:25:48 AM(UTC)
richappy

Hold the old ptc device with the input, spade terminals facing you and the tab on top. If you measure zero ohms from the right input terminal and the output, right, compressor terminal, you have the standard compressor pinnout, start winding, lower left, run winding, lower right.
One fridg power wire goes to the right input terminal of the ptc device, the other to the overload.
The new ptc device should measure the same as the old one, except you should measure 5 to 10 ohms from the right input terminal and the left, compressor output terminal.
Any difference between the old and new ptc pinnout will ensure compressor burnout!
niderman  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 8:43:35 AM(UTC)
niderman

Hello,

To the original poster, victor905...So, what was the ultimate resolution in laymen terms? I have the same issue, and would like to know what wires to plug in where on the new relays.

Thank you,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply