Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sublime89  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2014 9:55:12 PM(UTC)
Sublime89

Groups: Registered

Hello my GE Wall Ovens baking element went out so I had removed it.My broil element was working fine

Someone in family turned on oven to bake position after i had disconnected the wire terminals from the baking element and the wire arcd and melted the terminal off one side of wire going to the baking element and also melted part of the heat shield on baking element.

The broil element was working before this and now it is not working either.The oven indication light does come on for broil but does not light up when knob is turned to bake or time bake.

I replaced the terminal on wire and and bought a new baking element and installed it and the oven is still not working.

When i turn it on broil the indication light comes on but there is no heat.(I probably should have bought a new broil element too)

When i turn it on bake the indication light does not come on but the element gets very hot but does not glow red like normal.

Can someone tell me what the problem could be?

I have not taken the oven out from the wall yet.I think i may need to buy a voltage tester/ multimeter before i continue with that step.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.