Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zfreeman  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 7:04:54 PM(UTC)
zfreeman

Groups: Registered

Hi there everyone. I am a newbie here but I was hoping that I could get some help/advice from anyone that is willing.

The other day, I was having an issue with an outlet in my home so I was at my circuit breaker and I incidentally turned off the dryer breaker while it was running. Of course, I didn't think anything of this, the dryer turned back on shortly and I thought it would be fine as the power randomly turns off many times throughout the course of a year. I have not been able to get it to run since. When I power on the dryer everything looks and sounds normal except for the 'estimated time remaining' digital screen is blank. When I push the start/pause button to run the dryer it will not run. All of the buttons ding, make noise, light up, etc.

I have taken a look at the tech sheet for this model and have ruled out the typical issues like testing the thermal fuse for continuity, tested power to actual outlet as I have already taken it apart and did some troubleshooting on the things that I knew how to do.

I tried many times to begin the diagnostic testing but pressing/releasing but etc. and it never did anything until the following day of the incident I was able to get it going and it said...

FP7 (which is not a real code) followed by CO (which is also not a real code). I haven't been able to get a code since but I did take quick pics/video of this to ensure that I was not seeing random things.

Anyway, I have no idea what to do next but I was just hoping that one of you would have some advice on this matter. I will be calling a repairman early next week if I don't hear back from anyone here. Thank you very much.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2014 3:52:51 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts.
Parts for Maytag MEDB200VQ0 Dryer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Check from P9-1 at the control board to Neutral at the line cord plug.
Should be about 1 ohm (the motor windings) with the door closed.
Before starting set your meter to the most sensitive scale and short the meter leads together so you can see if there is a zero offset in the meter.

If OK then you know at least the motor circuit is probably OK.

It sounds like either a control board or a keypad problem.
They call them both Cntrl-Elec which is just a tad confusing.

I would lean towards the control board since all the keys seem to work.
But this is a gamble as the keypad is an active board so is sending a data signal to the control board and not just closed key contacts.
There is no good way to check it.

You may want to get the repair person to have the above parts with them.
I would ask what they will charge for these parts as some places really stick it to you when it comes to parts prices.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
zfreeman  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2014 6:46:45 PM(UTC)
zfreeman

Thank you very much for the reply. I was out of town all weekend but I will be following your advice here tomorrow. I have seen a few other people posting almost identical things and didn't necessarily see a resolution from them but I will copy their description because it is literally the exact same thing that I have experienced. Maybe this will help better understand the situation although it appears that we are both on the same track. I thank you very much for the help.

We had an electrical storm 2 weeks ago and our power went out. Since then my dryer won't start. Here's what happens: when I push the power button the "start" button flashes and the "Normal" button flashes (or whatever cycle is selected). There is nothing displayed in the "estimated time remaining" area. When I push "start" it dings but nothing happens. If I push the "+" button it will add hours to the display. Then if I push the "start" button it stops flashing and "wet" starts flashing and it will start to count down the time remaining but still nothing happens. I verified that I have 220Volts at the back of the dryer. I used the tech sheet and went up to troubleshooting test #3 to check the motor circuit. It tested ok so I replaced the machine control electronics. But the dryer still won't start. When I tried to put the machine in Diagnostic Mode all the indicator lights came on and 888 was displayed and then 5 seconds later all went off but did not come back on. And when I tried to activate the manual load test I got a "CO" displayed in the estimated time remaining area. Any suggestions?
zfreeman  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2014 2:50:10 PM(UTC)
zfreeman

Yes I checked the leads and it was right at 1 ohm unless I was not doing it correctly. I will be in touch with a repair man tomorrow and will let you know what I find out. Thank you.
zfreeman  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2014 3:34:15 PM(UTC)
zfreeman

Ok, I am going to give the UI a try since that seems to have solved the issue for every person that I have researched on the internet. My question now is this.... Part #W10336133 has several parts involved including the black plastic part with the actual buttons, the green circuit board, and the white back casing with the cord.

It seems like I would be able to just replace the green circuit board part of this part assuming I could find it, correct? The part is listed on the board as W10222204. I see that it is not sold as a separate part but assuming I can find that part could I just purchase that part? Thank you for your time.
denman  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 3:39:27 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
If you can find it then you should be able to install it but I cannot guarantee this as I have never tried it.

I doubt you will be able to get it as it is manufactured as part of the assembly.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
zfreeman  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 2:03:09 PM(UTC)
zfreeman

I was able to find a working part from ******** (just the circuitry part of the part), received it today and it works like a charm! I just had to fiddle with the belt a little bit because it got off 'track' when I was checking some of the components. I sincerely appreciate the help. Thank you very much!
rannan2016  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 9:26:30 AM(UTC)
rannan2016

zfreeman.......I'm needing the same circuitry part (W10222204) and cannot find supplier for just that item. Do you remember where you purchased it?
zfreeman  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 9:49:31 AM(UTC)
zfreeman

I found a company on ******** I am assuming that took good parts out of junked washers and dryers. Try doing a search for the product number on ********. Hope that helps. Mine is still going strong.
zfreeman  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 9:50:24 AM(UTC)
zfreeman

e B a y. This is the best place to look.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply