Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dy95  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 2:56:47 PM(UTC)
dy95

Groups: Registered

My Kenmore 90 Series washer abruptly stopped agitating and spinning. It drains just fine. About 2 years ago, I replaced the coupler and the lid switch (about 6 months apart). I rechecked the coupler and it’s still in great shape. During the agitate and spin cycles, it sounds like a doggone jet airplane about to take off. Scared the crap outta me! Also, I can freely turn the agitator by hand during all cycles. Please help! My wife is threatening to buy a new washer AND dryer set! These are only about 12 years old. My Dad would turn over in his grave! :) Thanks in advance!
Don
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 4:00:34 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Ok, assuming the coupling is okay it sounds as if your transmission has failed.

This is an easy repair, particularly if you changed the coupling. Take off the agitator and take out three bolts holding the tranny in and it comes out.

Check with APP with your model and serial number to get the right transmission, and if that does not fix things then you are probably going to have to succumb to the dreaded "wife buys new laundry set" syndrome, something we all strive to prevent here. You can return the parts if they do not fix the problem.

Good luck, hope that tranny works and you keep on washing.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply