Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Markgova  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 6:50:08 AM(UTC)
Markgova

Groups: Registered

About a week after a power outage we noticed the ice maker stopped working and ice built up on the freezer coils. Fridge and freezer were still cold. I defrosted the freezer, cleaned out all ice, checked the ice maker, etc. all seemed Ok except the fan in the freezer/by the coils doesn't run correctly. The fan does move a little/definitely is receiving some power, but can't really do full rotations unless I help it along with my finger. In any event, after i put everything back together and restarted the fridge about two weeks ago, the ice maker started working, but now ice is building up again on the coils, and the ice maker isn't making as much ice as it was when it first started working again two weeks ago. I have read wher I might have to replace the fan motor or the control board. How do I determine what needs to be replaced?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.