Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
osideloco  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:11:25 AM(UTC)
osideloco

Groups: Registered

The belt on my Maytag Quiet series 100 gas dryer broke the other day. Upon taking the unit apart to replace with a new belt I discovered the nut which makes up part of the pulley on the motor had broken off. I am still able to thread the nut back onto the motor shaft but obviously it does not provide a smooth surface for the belt to run on(see attached pictures). My question is do I have to replace the whole motor or is there some other fix I may be able to get away with.
Thanks.
osideloco attached the following image(s):
dryer.jpg
dryer2.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:58:16 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
As far as I know you have to replace the entire motor.
Part number: AP4029141
Part number: AP4029141

Click on the picture and take a look at the Q&A section.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
stevieray2  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 7:14:20 PM(UTC)
stevieray2

Groups: Registered

these are a popular thing that happens to alot of people.mine has the bell type pulley on it also.they must have a weak spot right at the nut,cause that is where they break,including mine.i have talked to 5 different people at appliance places and they all said i would have to buy new motor with pulley installed from factory.they all say that the pulley is not serviceable.well i screwed mine right off,no problem.be aware that these pulleys are reverse threads,if you remove from front of dryer you turn it to the left to remove,while holding shaft with vise grips or channel locks.if you remove from rear of dyrer,you turn to the right to remove it.LEFTY=TIGHTY AND RIGHTY=LUCY.well i found a maytag dealer in my city and he looked it up under maytag and it said no replacement.then he looked it up under whirpool and BAM,it said relacement pulley 31001535 will work.so i ordered one,got it today,he ordered it yesterday at 4:30pm.also he told me if it did not work for me to bring it back for refund.i brought it home screwd it on the motor shaft and tightened it up.it dont look like the one that was on it,but it works.everyone wants to sell you a $160.00 motor instead of a $25.00 pulley.:D
stevieray2 attached the following image(s):
motor shaft pulley broke.jpg
My dryer new motor pulley.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply