Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mike Rekker  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 4:32:07 AM(UTC)
Mike Rekker

Groups: Registered

My Kenmore 90 Series Washer completed one load of laundry just fine last night but not the second. When I went to switch it over to the dryer the washer was full of water.

I can move the dial to the spin cycle manually and it will spin and drain just fine and when starting a new load it has no problem filling up again. It is the in between that does not work. I know it is not an issue with lid sensor as that sill works when forced to the spin cycle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (I am a visual guy so video/pictures would be awesome). I would prefer to at least attempt to fix it myself before having someone come in to look.

Cheers,
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 5:59:42 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
After it stops filling, does the timer start advancing even though it's not agitating? If not, sounds like a faulty water level pressure switch. If it does advance, possible faulty timer or speed switch.

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...w10339326-ap4568366.html

Eric
Mike Rekker  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 6:54:55 AM(UTC)
Mike Rekker

After it stops filling, the dial (or I guess timer) does not move forward. I have to manually turn the dial to 'spin' to get it to drain out.

Last night it was about an hour after I had started the load that I went to switch it and it was still full of water. The timer had not continued through to the next steps.
Mike Rekker  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 6:59:40 AM(UTC)
Mike Rekker

I should also add that is does stop filling with water on its own.
fairbank56  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 7:13:32 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

With washer full of water, push timer knob in to turn washer off. Remove control panel end caps to gain access to the two screws holding the control panel. Remove the two screws, pull panel forward and rotate back for component access. Unplug the connector from the water level pressure switch. Make a suitable jumper wire and jump the violet and tan wires together. Turn washer back on. If it doesn't start agitating, trace the wires to the timer looking for any defect in the wiring. Unplug timer and check for bad terminals where the tan wires connect. If all looks good, then timer is suspect.

Eric
Mike Rekker  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 7:18:50 AM(UTC)
Mike Rekker

Stupid question.........how do I make a suitable jumper wire and do you have a link for a new timer?

Also, if I manually turn the dial to the Rinse cycle it does not do anything. Not sure if that changes your answer or not.

Thanks again.
fairbank56  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 7:50:40 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

My understanding is that the washer will not agitate and timer does not advance when washer stops filling but washer does drain and spin if you manually advance timer. If correct, then it's either a bad pressure switch, bad timer or wiring/terminals between those two. If you buy from APP you may return if either does not fix the problem.

Timer: Whirlpool 3953248 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Pressure switch: Whirlpool W10339326 Switch-Wl - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
Mike Rekker  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 7:58:43 AM(UTC)
Mike Rekker

Your understanding is correct.

Thanks again for your help.
Mike Rekker  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:04:51 AM(UTC)
Mike Rekker

Opened up the top of the washer and fiddles around with the wire connections to make sure everything was connected properly. Closed the lid and voila.....it works again.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply