Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eric Z  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 7, 2014 1:09:54 PM(UTC)
Eric Z

Groups: Registered

Hi, all. I have an issue with my Frigidaire refrigerator (PLHS237ZCB1) and need some help. The refrigerator and freezer hasn't been cooling regularly for the last 5-6 months. I was able to turn it cooler and kept up for a while but not struggling even more.

I first noticed the issue by hearing the evaporator fan going on and off regularly. Once in a while it was stay on for 7-10 seconds and then over time it only stays on for 1-2 seconds. It's on for 1-2 seconds, then off for a quick moment, then back on for 1-2 seconds.

I also noticed frost on the inside lower back panel of the freezer. When I removed the panel, I noticed a lot of frost build up. The defroster kicked on on its own but hasn't worked correctly since. When I cycle the defroster by pressing the fridge light 5-6 times repeatedly, the defroster kicks on and melts most of the frost- i'm thinking it doesn't melt it all since the back cover isn't on so it's not working as much like an oven to keep the heat in. The bottom half of the freezer keeps ice packs frozen but the top half does not. I'm guessing since heat rises but not sure if that's why it's happening.

I replaced the control defrost adaptive timer PC board and after a while the fan kicked on and worked like it should; however, about an hour or so later it was back to the quick on and off repeatedly. I also replaced the evaporator fan motor. That didn't fix it either. I was sure the replacement PC board would fix it from everything I read. Could it be the replacement PC board could be bad as well? Is there a way to test it to ensure that's not the problem?

Any other tips or suggestions? This is must first attempt at appliance repair and feel I got pretty far but need other advice.

Thanks so much!
Eric
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.