Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jhuck  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2014 7:22:46 PM(UTC)
jhuck

Groups: Registered

I've got a question about the reading I'm getting on the thermostats in this dryer. The paper work with the dryer said I should get 1 ohm. If I get infinity, I should replace. Well, I'm not getting infinity, my old Fluke multimeter is showing 0 or .1 ohms. Sometimes it flashes -.1. The reading was taken with the power cord unplugged and one terminal unplugged from the thermo. My question is this: does this need to be replaced?

More info: the dryer stopped heating. It will run like normal but will not heat up. I'm getting infinity across the heating element so I know that part is bad (plus my wife noticed a hot/burning smell the last few times she used it).

I see that you can replace just the heating element or the whole assembly. I don't want to do the element and then have to turn around and buy more parts. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Joel
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.