Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jbywater  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2014 6:38:06 PM(UTC)
jbywater

Groups: Registered

I would be grateful for any help you can provide.

I do not really think that heat has anything to do with it

We have had this oven for quite a while now and it has been plagued with a handle that unscrews itself just from opening and closing the oven door. Anyways it has happened since almost the first use and its not much fun to have something in the oven that needs to be taken out and having the handle fall off in your hands as you try to open the door. I have adjusted to it happening and just tighten the screw with my thumb every time i open the oven, but when other people are here its kind of startling to them when the handle falls off. Although it is fun to look at them and ask "what did you do?"

is there any remedy for this? i can not believe this is a common issue, and have searched google for it multiple times.

If this is uncommon i wanted to ask about a possible fix i thought of just to see if it is possible and safe. I was wondering if i put some silicone on the screws just to hopefully give them the friction to hold it in place with the pull of the handle. However i am not sure if silicone can hold up to the heat, or could turn toxic, i am cooking food in there. I know the screw gets pretty darned hot just by trying to grab it to open the door. I also really dont know if they make a better product to increase friction between screws and nuts already. maybe something safer? graphite or something like that. or if silicone is ok is there any special kind it needs to be? or is there even a different product that is specially made for this that someone didnt apply to my oven for some reason?

Again any help would be appreciated.

Just to stop the question before it happens.. yes i have re tightened it with a screwdriver several times and not just my thumb... (thats the first question i would ask too) thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.