Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
triscot1  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2014 5:45:51 AM(UTC)
triscot1

Groups: Registered

Hi- My Whirlpool Washer Model- LSW9700PQ2 has a problem with leaving the clothes wet when the spin cycle is finished. Sometimes the spin cycle spins and dries the clothes and some times it does not. If I spin the tub and start the spin cycle again the clothes will dry sometimes and sometimes the drum doesn't rotate ( although it sounds like it is trying to rotate) I have checked all the hoses and nothing is clogged and think it is either the Drive Block or the clutches but don't know how to determine which is broken before ordering the parts. Your help would be appreciated and Thank You in advance for such a great service you provide!-Scott
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:52:10 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

It is possible that the drive block is the problem, but well over 90% of the time the problems you are having is the clutch lining. I would go ahead and replace it, and at the same time check the pump and hoses to and from it for any blockage, but it is highly likely the clutch is the issue.
triscot1  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 9, 2014 6:23:17 AM(UTC)
triscot1

Thank you- I will be tackling this repair today and it looks like it's the clutch, appreciate your help-Thanks!!-Scott
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 9, 2014 7:07:25 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Good, let us know how it turns out.
CPan  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 2:44:30 PM(UTC)
CPan

I have this same issue on the same model of washer. There is no solution listed and hopefully you'll get an alert that this post was made and be able to post your solution... Of course, it's been 4 years so I just hope for any sort of reply from someone...

I have already changed out the clutch assembly, direct drive coupler, gear box, and basket drive. I am still having the same problem.

I'm down to either the motor is seizing on the high spin or it's the motor switch. The additional symptoms I have are the motor sounds like it's running but the basket is not turning. I can spin the basket until the brake stops it from turning and then rotate it in the direction of the spin and sometimes it starts to spin up. The fast spin doesn't happen if it's a load of towels or other heavy when wet fabrics. So that is leading me to the motor. What say the experts?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply