Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sherm1082  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 4:32:49 PM(UTC)
Sherm1082

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I really need some help. I have an Estate Whirlpool washer model number tawb600jq0. A few months ago I noticed it was leaking. I took off the panel and saw water leaking near the clutch. I researched and thought it was the tub seal. I replaced it (even though the original seal looked fine) and it continued to leak. I took it apart again and saw there was a huge rip/tear in the outer tub :eek:. I come to realize that was because I didn't tighten the spanner nut tight enough during my original repair and the inner tub was rubbing the outer tub during the spin cycle. I figured this was the problem and the outer tub needed to be replaced. By a miracle of God, my friend happened to have an old whirlpool washer he was about to scrap and it had the same outer tub!!!!!!! I replaced it yesterday, tightened the spanner nut tight, and water is still leaking. I took the outer cover off again and guess what? Water is leaking from the original spot by the clutch. I don't know what else to do. It obviously isn't the tub seal or the tub. Luckily I still have the scrap washer which has the shafts and everything. I don't know if maybe that is warn which is causing a bad seal with the tub seal. Any help offered would be great.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.