Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robv410  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 12:34:10 PM(UTC)
robv410

Groups: Registered

Hi Everybody,

I have a GE side-by-side refrigerator model # GSL25JFTABS. Yesterday morning we had a power outage for about a half hour. When the power came back on, I noticed that the none of the small indicator lights on the water/ice dispenser were on. I opened the refrigerator and the freezer and the interior lights were working in both compartments. Then I realized that I hadn't heard the compressor or fan (I'm not entirely sure which is the noise maker) turn on and it was slowly getting warmer in both compartments.

We moved the food to a spare fridge in the garage and resigned ourselves to the fact that we will have to get this fixed. We didn't call anyone yesterday because we were ok with the food in the other fridge. Last night, I saw that the indicator lights were back on and the refrigerator was running again. For some reason, everything was working again.

That was yesterday. Today we had another power outage for about 45 minutes and when the power returned, the refrigerator did not come back on. Identical symptoms to yesterday (no indicator lights on the dispensers, interior lights work fine, no fan/compressor running). I'm going to check on it again in a few hours to see if it will start again, but this is probably not good. I've done some searching on the internet and i can't find anyone with the same problem.

From my searching, I see that the motherboard may be a problem. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

I'm hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance. :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.