Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kiyoshi  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:27:36 PM(UTC)
kiyoshi

Groups: Registered

Hi guys need help.

Motor had a loud buzzing before so i got a new motor. I got the motor and the wiring diagram is pretty self explanatory the stuff i can read... really bad xerox. its says that L1 is a grey wire and needs to be in the thermal protector tab, problem is there is no grey wire? and there aren't any spare wires. So where is this grey wire supposed to be wired to? i assume it is a hot wire since right now my timer works ( i hear ticking) but the motor does not turn. need help or could you point me into the right resources?

erik
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kiyoshi  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:47:00 PM(UTC)
kiyoshi

okay so i finally found a post that had my problem. I am currently using the white wire to replace the grey wire. Everything is where it should be or so i thought. The motor will still not turn on. Right now i have the tumbler out and basically just the motor and burner in the dryer housing. i connected together the door switch. So my logic says it should spin. I know i get 120v at the white wire when i touch the ground and the red terminal 5. now that i know i have voltage... should i now look at the switch? how do i bypass it? just connect it?
kiyoshi  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:58:38 PM(UTC)
kiyoshi

okay.... so i go the red and yellow wires that lead into the switch on door, and i did the same for the one on the head dial unit. then plug in dryer... nothing... im at a loss here is what i have done so far.

grey wire: no grey wire so i used the white wire ( it has 120 on it when plugged in) and has a blue jumper wire connected to it as well.

the blue wire is connected to terminal 1
the red wire is on terminal 5
the black wire is terminal 2
and i have two yellow wires which i wired together and put on terminal 6

so there a safety that i dont know?about cause i want test to make sure the motor works before i put everything back together.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:54:30 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Post the wiring diagram for your dryer.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply