Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mcshaw  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:06:18 AM(UTC)
mcshaw

Groups: Registered

I have a tc607 Jenn-air trash compator.
When the compact switch is on (on the switch assembly) and I close the drawer compressing starts immediately even though I haven't pressed the foot lever. When it compacts, the ram does not stay down. It comes back up after reaching the bottom then bangs at the top until I turn the rotary switch to off. If the compact switch is off the unit won't compress at all. I thought it was a problem with the directional switch and so I replaced it. But the problem still exists.

I've see the same problem on other threads but for different units.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

alanfj  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:13:48 AM(UTC)
alanfj

This switch on many, many, models has the tendency to get out of adjustment. This switch has two clicks. The clicks have to be opened and closed at the precise moment. In time the push arm gets out of adjustment and needs to be bent back to achieve proper results. Many problems stem from this switch. Retired Telephone Man, Al:)
mcshaw  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:24:51 AM(UTC)
mcshaw

I have fixed the problem and IT WAS NOT THE TOP LIMIT SWITCH as I had also suspected. I replaced the top limit switch and the problem still existed. Turned out to be a faulty Actuator Switch. The whole assembly needed to be switched out due to a redesign. Turns out it was redsigned due to many problems with the switch!
alanfj  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:58:53 AM(UTC)
alanfj

Excellent. Yes that switch has caused many compactors to operate inconsistently and most manufactures have a new replacement model for that switch which in many cases includes a new foot lever assembly.:)
psyohe  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2014 11:58:54 AM(UTC)
psyohe

I have the same compactor. It is not supposed to compact until I lift the foot pedal up, but it compacts every time I close the door if the switch is on. So is it the switch, the pedal, or both that need replaced? They need a recall.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply