Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jbiz  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 7:25:53 PM(UTC)
jbiz

Groups: Registered

I have the ZISS480DXBSS fridge, and the top lights are LED and no longer working (these lights are in addition to the tower halogen lights that are at the bottom of the fridge which are working fine).

i have tried to replace both LED board and the main control board with no help, parts below..

AP4982341 (WR55X11070) BOARD ASM MAIN CONTROL
AP5272342 (WR55X11007) BOARD LED LIGHT ASM

wondering what else it could be.. possible part AP4485257? and if so, how would you change that.. if its from the back, thats going to be a big job as this is a big heavy fridge and not really able to be pulled out.

any thoughts would be great.

thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jbiz  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 12:59:19 PM(UTC)
jbiz

looking at this diagram.. if it is the transformer (and not just the fuse) anyone know which one it is?

10-Case Parts parts for GE ZISS480DXBSS - AppliancePartsPros.com

I see 3, item 1541, 541 & 542

and then fuse item 543..

or possible its the power supply board WR23X10622
jbiz  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:42:48 PM(UTC)
jbiz

for anyone with this issue, it was the transformer 1541

GE WR62X10070 Transformer - AppliancePartsPros.com

it gets replaced under the fridge from the front, no need to pull out the fridge, just unscrew the kick plate and then remove the 6 screws holding the transformer tray to the bottom of the fridge.. i did have an issue unscrewing the old one, so i just left it in place and mounted it next to it abandoned (there was room)
MarkusC  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:44:14 AM(UTC)
MarkusC

Originally Posted by: jbiz Go to Quoted Post
for anyone with this issue, it was the transformer 1541

GE WR62X10070 Transformer - AppliancePartsPros.com

it gets replaced under the fridge from the front, no need to pull out the fridge, just unscrew the kick plate and then remove the 6 screws holding the transformer tray to the bottom of the fridge.. i did have an issue unscrewing the old one, so i just left it in place and mounted it next to it abandoned (there was room)

I had the transformer go bad once as well. Changing the transformer fixed the lights. The lights are out again after two years. I pulled the transformer down - not easy. I am only getting 27 volts on the input side, instead of 120. Anyone have any ideas what could be bad upstream to cause the drop in voltage into the transformer?
drhoades3  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 3:20:02 PM(UTC)
drhoades3

United States

Hello:
How does this explain the fact you were only getting 27 volts on the input side to the led light transformer, instead of 120?

I am experiencing the same problem on my Monogram ZISS420DKBSS side-by-side refrigerator-freezer.

I have 2 led light transformers on this refrig, so I switched the 120 vac input (red-orange wires) from the left transformer to the right transformer and the refrig ceiling and lower drawer lights worked! So the right transformer is ok, it's just the 120vac (white-orange wires) are only registering 17vac when the refrig door is opened, which should activate the lights.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be bad upstream to cause the drop in voltage into the transformer?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 25, 2022 4:25:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Correct refrigerator model number

drhoades3  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 6:51:31 AM(UTC)
drhoades3

United States

Update:
My problem turned out to be a defective door light switch, not an LED Transformer.
Given the large amount of effort involved to access the Transformer Tray underneath the refrigerator, I would ALWAYS text the non-working door switch first in the future. I had to remove the switch cover under the flip-up panel at the top of the refrigerator to access and remove the non-working switch. It is impossible to remove the switch from inside my 5-yr old GE Monogram refrigerator as some u-Tube videos suggest.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply