Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sschluet  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 9:26:03 AM(UTC)
sschluet

Groups: Registered

Hi all-
The cancel/drain light flashes and dishwasher will not do anything. I pulled the dishwasher control panel and the connecting wire connecting ribbon is severelly corroded even though it is still appears sealed very well. First question, could this be the problem or is it likely something more serious? Question 2, if this could be the problem, I would like some guidance on the correct replacement part. I have two numbers on mine- 1) inside the plastic cover it has a list of part numbers, since mine is black it should be W10398665 and 2) there is a sticker on the wire ribbon- WP# W10401496 Rev A, MX# 129360002G CS, DC 02/29/12 1. The plastic frame and the button pad (with wire ribbon) seem to be one unit. So I suspect it is replaced as one unit. Now comes the reordering, if it is the part i need, I can not find it on your site. Any guidance? Any help would be appreciated. I have pictures if they would be helpful. Thanks. - Scott
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sschluet  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 2:33:37 PM(UTC)
sschluet

I found this repair technique from a clever man/woman. It might be useful for someone. I will try it with my POS MayTag.

DIY fix your Maytag dishwasher on the cheap :
Nanette L  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 4:42:03 PM(UTC)
Nanette L

I am having the same problem with our Maytag dishwasher. Cancel/Drain button flashes, dishwasher won't run except to drain. Model #MDB7749SAQ. Husband is trying the DIY fix your Maytage on the cheap listed above. Already had the repairman out he says button is stuck, need a new control panel at a price of $250, the same as what Maytag quoted me for a service contract which will cover this repair and the dishwasher for the upcoming year. Our dishwasher is only 1 /2 years old!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Valerie Mema  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2015 6:51:06 AM(UTC)
Valerie Mema

Hi I have the same problem. Did you get ur dishwasher fixed? Do you know what was wrong?
disneydoxies  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 5:35:44 PM(UTC)
disneydoxies

i have model # MDB7749SBW1 where the control panel lights will randomly flash or all off and unable to get a response when buttons pressed. also noticed on the back side of the cable strip looks like the wire traces overheated and are dark in color. the control panel has the following numbers on it WP# W10401496 REV. C MX# 129360002G CS DC 02/05/13 1 7:43AM. any suggestions and is there a more durable control panel out there this unit only a couple years old
disneydoxies attached the following image(s):
DSC09355.jpg
disneydoxies  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 5:40:54 PM(UTC)
disneydoxies

has anyone found a fix for this, it appears to be a know issue with this model , does anyone know if there is any kind of recall or replacement program for this