Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tonybattaglia1  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2009 7:33:59 AM(UTC)
tonybattaglia1

Groups: Registered

My GE side by side (gss22sgmdbs) is freezing the water line on the fresh food side as well as freezing the food in the bottom meat bin on the fresh food side (not the freezer side). However, This is causing the water dispenser and ice maker to not work too because water line on fresh food side keeps freezing. I have replaced the board assembly that controls the temp and have also replaced the heating element in the freezer. This did not solve the problem. What might be the issue?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Profridgeguy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:32:08 AM(UTC)
Profridgeguy

Groups: Registered

The water line can freeze only where it has close proximity to freezer air. Chances are it is freezing behind the freezer door, about 4 inches into your dispenser. First, fix the freezing problem. You have a defrost problem most likely, so check both the defrost heater and defrost thermostat. I would replace the DT even if you are seeing it as okay. Replace the thermistors on the coil and in the freezer. Finally, install insulation on the inside of the freezer door just behind the dispensing unit. That wall is thin and your water line is freezing because the freezer is too cold for too long.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply