Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fitzglitz  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2014 10:54:39 AM(UTC)
fitzglitz

Groups: Registered

I can not get cold water only to come out on the water fill. When the washer switch is set to cold, I get warm. Set to warm, I get warm. Set to hot, I get hot.

I replaced the water fill valve assembly thinking the hot water solenoid was stuck open but that didn't fix anything. Both water supply valves on the wall are open and the hoses are connect correctly. If I shut off the hot water supply at the wall and set the washer to cold, then cold water comes out.

Does this sound like a temperature control switch or something else?

Any help is greatly appreciated!:)
Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2014 1:18:43 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yes, this would be the temperature switch.

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...-22002999-ap4026829.html

Eric
fitzglitz  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2014 3:31:02 PM(UTC)
fitzglitz

Thanks for the fast reply. Is there a test I can do on my switch (either pulling wires or jumping) to make sure its the switch? I already bought the water valves and that didnt fix it. I want to make sure that when I buy the switch it fixes it.

Thanks.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 2, 2014 4:54:47 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

With timer in OFF position, set temp switch to Cold/Cold, check continuity between terminals 11 and 13. Should be open. Also should be open between SW and 12.

Eric
fitzglitz  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:16:54 PM(UTC)
fitzglitz

I just tried a new temp switch that didnt fix it. :( Any suggestions on what else could cause the issue?
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:34:26 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

There is nothing else that could cause the symptoms you gave. If the timer fill contacts were shorted out, it could cause a warm fill on cold setting but would also cause warm fill on hot setting. There's nothing else I can offer without getting my hands on your washer.

Eric

Here's your wiring diagram with only the temp switch part. Temp switch is set to COLD/COLD. Highlighted lines show current path. Timer contact 2 connects 12 to 13 in wash and 12 to 11 in rinse. As you can see, there is no connection to the hot valve when set to COLD/COLD. If timer contacts were totally shorted out, you would then get warm on any setting.

UserPostedImage
fitzglitz  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 11:34:41 AM(UTC)
fitzglitz

I just checked the voltages at the water solendoids at the different temp settings. The hot water solenoid, when the temp setting is on cold-cold, still has about 70V AC across it when it should be 0. Any thoughts on how this could happen? Thanks again for your help on this.

I also turned the water supplies off, just plug in the hot water solenoid with the cold unplug, and I can hear the hot water solenoid humming with a growl when the temp is set to cold-cold. When I switch the temp from cold-cold to anything else, the humming changes to the solid hum you get when the solenoid gets full voltage to turn on.
fairbank56  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 12:29:50 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Trace the orange wire from the hot valve solenoid connector up to the temp switch and then trace the other orange wire that comes off that same temp switch terminal to the timer connector. If you don't find any abnormalities in those wire runs, then unplug the double orange wire terminal from the temp switch and see if problem persists. If it does, then it must be a timer fault.

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...-22003371-ap4029054.html

Eric
baconface  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 4:58:55 AM(UTC)
baconface

Sorry to rez this topic, but I'm having an identical problem (hot on hot, warm in every other setting, also no cold on any rinse) on my Atlantis with the same model number. I have not replaced any parts yet.

With the hot side connector unplugged from the water fill valve, I get just cold.

I checked continuity between 11/13 and SW/12 with the timer on off. Both open. I also checked continuity based on the diagram for the other settings, and I'm getting appropriate results. I'm thinking it isn't the temperature switch. I unplugged the double orange wire from the temperature switch, and it still runs warm.

Anything else you guys can think to check? I'm leaning toward the thermistor. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jared
fitzglitz  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 7:59:27 AM(UTC)
fitzglitz

I even replaced the timer, and it still didn't fix it. I gave up on it.

Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply