Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MikeeD  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 9:44:02 AM(UTC)
MikeeD

Groups: Registered

This is a washer dryer combo unit. The washer will fill and agitate but won't drain or spin. I disconnected the leads to the pump (electric) and put power directly to it. It pumps. I tested the leads to the pump and found that both were hot. I replaced the timer figuring it had gone out. Still have the same problem. Both leads to the pump are hot. I cut the "ground" lead and wired the lead from the pump to ground (it was hot all the time, through all the cycles). The "hot" lead power cycles with the timer. After cutting and grounding the "ground" lead, the pump now cycles as it should but the machine won't spin. Agitation is fine. Do I have two separate problems? Where do I look?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tomz43  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 7:12:40 AM(UTC)
tomz43

Had the same issue. Fill and wash, no spin.
READ THIS FIRST, before you go running out to the appliance parts store..

I replaced every component in the book. Here's what I learned after spending tons of money and days of measuring voltage, inspecting electronics, blah, blan, blah.....

Start with the easy stuff.

Check the drain boot, located at the base of the tub. It will slip off after opening the clamp. Mine was clogged with a sock, coins and other debris. Cleaned it out and VOILA! Machine worked just as it was supposed to.

Evidently, if the tub drains too slow & is full of water, machine won't spin. Makes sense.

Unfortunately, not one of the fancy, electronic parts I purchased were returnable. Lesson learned. Start with the easy stuff

Good luck.
ASKAUBRY  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 12:55:33 AM(UTC)
ASKAUBRY

check belt
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply