Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mdavis1218  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 6:47:34 AM(UTC)
mdavis1218

Groups: Registered

The washer will not fill with water. I tested the plug that connects to the water valve solenoid and there is no power. I tested the water valve by putting power directly to the water valve solenoid and it opens allowing water into the tub. I have tested the level switch by filling the washer with a water hose in the tub and it starts to agitate when it reaches the correct level. Could the level switch be bad even though it starts to agitate when the proper level is reached?

Thank You
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 7:11:54 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Possibly. With tub empty, place washer in wash mode and check power at water level switch pink wire to ground. Should be 120vac. If so, probably have a bad temp switch. This is an automatic temperature control switch that has an internal circuit board that can fail. The switch controls the water inlet valve solenoids. You can check for power at the temp switch connector. Should have 120vac between white wire and pink wire as well as between white wire and brown wire. With washer unplugged, temp switch connector disconnected, check resistance between pink wire and orange/white wire. This is the water inlet valve temp sensor. I don't have particular specs for yours but should not read open circuit. Should probably read around 40k to 80k ohms.

Whirlpool 8578335 Swtch-Temp - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
mdavis1218  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 8:16:19 AM(UTC)
mdavis1218

Groups: Registered

Thank you for the response. I tested the level control as you said. I only have power on the purple wire with the washer in wash mode. I have no power on the pink wire or the brown.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 11:11:41 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Then it appears your water level switch is bad. On the switch terminals, with hose and wires disconnected, you should have continuity between where the violet wire and pink wires connect. If not, the switch is bad. If you jump the violet and pink wire together, with timer in wash mode, it should fill.

Whirlpool W10337781 Switch-Wl - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply