Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
samedpaul  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:02:04 AM(UTC)
samedpaul

Groups: Registered

I am having a few issues with my Whirlpool dryer. First, itis taking much longer to dry clothes than it used to. Second, the Automatic Dryside of the timer advances much quicker than it should. Also, the Cool Down functionon the Timed Drying side is being skipped ā€“ clothes come out hot now.

At first, I thought was air flow. Last weekend I took outthe lint filter, soaked it in Fantastik and used a stiff bristle brush to cleanit. I understand that residue from dryer sheets can gum up the mesh. Next, Iremoved the back panel and took off the lint filter housing and cleaned it andthe entire inside of the dryer with a brush and shop vac to remove all lint. Ithen took my leaf blower and inserted it into the outlet hose inside the houseand turned it on for about 1 minute to make sure that it was not obstructed. Myoutlet hose is approximately 3ā€™ long from the dryer to the vent outside. Sofar, there has been no change. Iā€™m not sure what to do next. Maybe replace thetimer or one of the thermostats? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.