Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wyorob  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 3:22:26 PM(UTC)
wyorob

Groups: Registered

My Kenmore Elite Ultrawash dishwasher model 665.13123K703 has intermittent issues.

At times it will run fine but mostly it will run partially through the cycle and then stop with the Start/Resume button flashing. The door appears to be closed and when the Start button is pushed again it will run – sometimes through the rest of the cycle, other times it will stop and blink again.

Sometimes only the Cancel button will respond – no other buttons on the Console Panel will light up when pressed.
When running the Self Diagnostic (if it even works), I can only get through two pushes of the Heated Dry/Normal wash sequence before it starts – which performs the diagnostic WITHOUT error codes.
With a multimeter I’ve checked the thermal fuse (OK), door switch (OK) and continuity on each of the buttons of the Console Panel (OK). I’ve also done the keypad ribbon – unplug sequence and the drain motor does run.

So to boil it down – it appears that I either have
1)an issue with the Control Board (since the continuity on the Console Panel keypad checks out)
OR
2)have an issue with the Console Panel (since the the keypad ribbon – unplug sequence results in the drain motor running).

Any ideas on which it might be? Is there something else I’m missing??
Thanks!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

wyorob  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 7:17:56 AM(UTC)
wyorob

Just giving this a bump...
wyorob  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 7:49:03 PM(UTC)
wyorob

I ordered the Control Board and replaced it but it didn't help.

After observing the cycles and when the dishwasher is shutting off - it seems to be consistently near the beginning of the cycle and there's a period of time before the Start button will work again - I'm thinking it might not be the Console Panel either. I'm wondering if maybe the thermal fuse might be failing but not dead yet...?

Any other thoughts out there?
Thow1906  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2014 6:44:44 AM(UTC)
Thow1906

I have the same issue and just started the troubleshooting efforts (in depth). So far the thermal fuse is fine.

I came across your posting as I was searching for HOW TO test the control panel and control board. But after seeing your reply, I'm not getting a sense of confidence that I'm going to be able to narrow down the issue and end up throwing money at a black hole (the dishwasher).

Before I go off and purchase a control panel or control board, I'd like to find out if you got a resolution.

This intermittent crap is killing me.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply