Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aws1963  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:27:39 PM(UTC)
aws1963

Groups: Registered

Well, it's spinning while draining for about 45 seconds, then continues to spin for another 60-70 seconds. Then nothing for a couple of minutes until the dial moves a bit, then it refills and does the 45 second spin/drain and subsequent 60 second spin.

I did just notice after the last spin it put a little water back in the drum from the top. After all is said and done, there is about 1" of water in the drum.
fairbank56  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:57:46 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Ok, that's the spray function that occurs during first part of final spin. Your washer is not going into spin, only drain which is via the blue wire. So need to check for 120vac at timer connection orange wire (the one that goes down to the motor). Must check with timer connector plugged in and timer in spin mode (not drain...i.e. beyond the 2 minute drain period). If you have 120vac there then need to do the checks in my post #6 at motor connector. Check that motor connector for broken orange wire or burned/corroded terminal inside that connector or motor switch. Motor switch is what the connector plugs into on the motor. If you do have 120vac at orange wire and connector/terminals look ok I can advise on checking the motor switch. Lid switch must be bypassed when cabinet off and testing in spin mode.

Eric
aws1963  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2014 8:09:57 PM(UTC)
aws1963

I'll get on it in the mid to late AM tomorrow.

Wife just poured me a Bailey's and decaf, so that will take priority! :D

Thanks again for all your help. I'll post what I find tomorrow.
aws1963  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2014 4:50:18 PM(UTC)
aws1963

Well Eric,

Good call. I traced the orange wire down to the motor and gave it a tug. Wire popped right out minus clip. Seems the wire was not crimped on to the clip and had worked loose. Took 10+ years to work loose. Got the clip out of the plug and crimped it and plugged it back in. Fired up the washer, and low and behold "she works".

Thanks for all your help. I would not have noticed it if you did not alert me to check the orange wire.

I now have a very happy wife! :D
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply