Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lebbrin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 1, 2014 1:24:48 PM(UTC)
Lebbrin

Groups: Registered

I have a side by side with the typical symptom of the Freezer works but the Fridge is warm. There was no air flow from the damper vent at the top of the fridge. For reasons too long to explain I first loosened the control box. The compressor was running and air immediately started flowing around the damper seal and into the fridge. That being the case I figured I could assume it was defrosting ok since I don't have an airflow problem. I had a devil of a time trying to get the entire box out (the 'cams' at the front were stuck). Before I got it loose, the solenoid moved and the damper opened. I thought it might have been jammed so I put it all back in place and it looked like it was going to work.

Only a couple of hours later, the temp in the fridge was 20F and the compressor had been running almost constantly since I had worked on it. I checked and I had put the control box back on crooked so the seal around the damper control wasn't seated properly. I reseated it and the compressor almost immediately shut off.

24 hours later, the temp in the fridge was running 44 degrees with the temperature control at max cold. If I leave the door open and the temp rises to 65F then the damper opens and the fridge cools. So, it looks like the thermistor isn't reading the temperature properly. Does that mean I need to replace the Temp control part number AP2116225? I don't see a separate part number for a thermistor.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.