Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bonesteel  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2013 6:57:19 PM(UTC)
bonesteel

Groups: Registered

Hi, I need help diagnosing what's wrong with my Maytag side by side fridge. All the lights and fans are functioning fine but neither the Freezer nor fridge get cold. When I plug in the fridge I hear a buzz for 27 seconds then a click, but the compressor never comes on. After 1:40 the buzz and click cycle repeat and the whole cycle just keeps repeating. After 45 minutes of this the top of the compressor is only slightly warm to the touch. I checked the windings on the compressor and get 3.8, 3.0, and 6.8 ohms, since the numbers add up exactly I assumed that this meant that my windings were good. Next, I checked each pin to ground and had no shorts. I assumed that this meant my compressor was good so I ordered a new overload relay and start capacitor, but after installing them my fridge is still behaving the same as it did before ...no cold, and the buzz/click cycle that doesn't start the compressor. Could the new overload relay and start capacitor be bad or could something else be wrong with my fridge or its compressor? One other point that might be worth mentioning is that the fridge has been in storage for the last year but was working fine prior to that. Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.