Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
walterjdog  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:03:08 PM(UTC)
walterjdog

Groups: Registered

Hi:

The hinges on my Kitchenaid KEMS378GSS3 wall oven/microwave oven have failed for the 4th time in 5 years. When open, the oven door opens too far and falls below being parallel to the floor. When closed, the door does not close all the way, and the oven will not work.

Any ideas on why these hinges keep breaking? Do you know whether hinge failure is common on this model and/or brand?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

RickyyyDee  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 1:53:01 PM(UTC)
RickyyyDee

I have the same problem on my Model KEMS377GWHO oven. This is my 5th replacement at least and today's bill was $90+ with shipping and tax. I've studied the hinge, but I don't understand what is actually failing.
walterjdog  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:21:43 PM(UTC)
walterjdog

Originally Posted by: RickyyyDee Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem on my Model KEMS377GWHO oven. This is my 5th replacement at least and today's bill was $90+ with shipping and tax. I've studied the hinge, but I don't understand what is actually failing.

My repairman called back today. He told me that there is a different set of hinges and a shim for the stainless steel oven as opposed to the hinge that is normally specified for the other colors of this model. Kitchenaid has a service bulletin out on this but there is no mention anywhere on their website; you have to call customer service and tell them to look up the bulletin. Total parts cost is $150; my repairman said he would not charge for the labor to install, so he's ordering the parts and we'll see what happens.