Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sledjunky17  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:58:07 PM(UTC)
sledjunky17

Groups: Registered

Wife ran a self clean cycle on the ovens and killed them.

Here is the Challenge I hope that there are Techs monitoring this and can help me. I have read the forum and have seen all the posts on this subject so I started by replacing both thermal fuses, the one on the back of the oven and the shut off thermal fuse on the top of the oven (both were bad). Still nothing. so in following the advice from the folks at appliance pros, i ponied up for the new control panel and the transformer. I have now put them both in and finally have a clock, but thats it...all buttons don't work, no other displays other than the clock (which btw I can't set cuz none of the buttons work)

I am now in the repair over $450 and still have no ovens.

Can someone please tell me next step!

Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

masterquinn  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:49:30 PM(UTC)
masterquinn

did you replace the keypad membrane as well? or just the control board? if none of your buttons are registering at all and you did replace the membrane, double check the wire connections from the membrane to the board.
sledjunky17  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 5:41:08 AM(UTC)
sledjunky17

I have not replaced the membrane....yet. It probably is next on the list. but you bring up a great point on the connections. How do i ensure that the ribbon is fully seated and connected to the control board? I am assuming that that ribbon is what controls all the buttons and such on the membrane since it is the only connection to the control board. I have been somewhat concerned that I may have not seated that ribbon correctly and have thus tried a few times to take it out and re insert....but with same results?

Thank you for your input
masterquinn  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 5:25:03 AM(UTC)
masterquinn

if the ribbon is firmly inserted onto the plug and there are no loose ends of wires exposed it should be fine. also visually check the ribbon for breaks in any of the wires...
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply