Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dfrye  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:56:02 PM(UTC)
dfrye

Groups: Registered

The dryer would run but would not heat. I thoroughly cleaned the vent lines -they had quite a lot of lent. After cleaning then checked the 2 thermostats and element with multimeter. Element showed 10 ohms - good; both thermostats read 1 on meter - replaced both thermostats. Turned dryer on to test - it heated (didn't check with thermometer only opened door after minute or two - it was hot). Then put load of laundry in - thought everything was working well only to find out hour and a half later dryer was not cutting off - it was cold. Tore dryer down again tested both thermostats - high-limit thermostat was good and the cut out thermostat was bad. Should I assume the new cut out therm was defective or is something else possibly causing it to blow. Could anyone please tell me all the possibilities, tests, and remedies? Is it worth trying another thermostat or should I trace it out first? Does anyone know where I could find a wiring diagram for this dryer all my info that came with the dryer does not include a wiring diagram. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:04:51 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
See the attachment for the tech sheet.

When you checked the heating coil did you check to see if it was grounded?
Unplug the unit and both wires from the heating coil.
Measure the coil. Your earlier measurement shows it is OK.
Now measure from each side of the heater to the ground/frame.
Both should be infinite ohms.
If not the coil is touching the case and the control board cannot turn it off.

[COLOR="Blue"]Is it worth trying another thermostat or should I trace it out first?[/COLOR]
It is always a possibility that you got a bad thermal fuse but I would do some more trouble shooting before replacing it.
See the above test.
I would also check the thermistor resistance.

[COLOR="Blue"]Does anyone know where I could find a wiring diagram for this dryer[/COLOR]
See the attachment
File Attachment(s):
NED7200.pdf (1,696kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
dfrye  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 3:32:24 AM(UTC)
dfrye

Groups: Registered

Now measure from each side of the heater to the ground/frame.
Both should be infinite ohms.

I completed this test - both were infinite ohms.

I would also check the thermistor resistance. With meter on 200K thermistor read 13.5 at room temperature - 68F.

Thanks for the wiring diagram.

I think I may have found my problem - tell me if I might be correct.
I mistakenly ordered Thermostat 1 (on the blower) (#11 parts list) which required that I had to cut the rivets off of the old Thermostat 3 bracket and reuse the bracket by riveting the new thermostat on - I thought that seemed like a lot of work and that the bracket assembly should have come as one piece. Well turns out I was correct should have ordered Thermostat 3 (#15 parts list) I assume Therm 1 & 3 are different (can't interchange). I will order correct part# tomorrow and see if it works.

Thank you for helping me work through my stupidity.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply