Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
geotech123  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:45:13 AM(UTC)
geotech123

Groups: Registered

The issue has started about 1.5 months ago, and the washer was moved to a different house about 6 months ago (if this information is of any help). Upon the move it was shaken quite a bit, and actually one of the wire plugs inside the control panel became detached, so I had to open it and click it back together.

Now, a few days ago the drum froze with a load, and would fill and drain fine, but would not agitate or spin. I opened the front cover, moved the belt back and forth, still no go. Then I unloaded the wet clothes from the drum, and managed to get it to start spinning. After that it seems to be working as usual, but the burnt smell at the end of the spin cycle does re-appear, and seems to be coming from inside the drum.

Just to be sure, I disconnected the water hose connecting the drum to the water pump, and could find no foreign objects inside the hose.

Are there any other cheap solutions to try? Or should we be looking for a new washer, and with Thanksgiving around the corner, it is not a bad time for doing so.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.