Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
caloren  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 6:37:30 AM(UTC)
caloren

Groups: Registered

The controls and indicator lights have worked erratically for several months. Some buttons would work some of the time. By unplugging the power and letting it sit overnight, I was able to get it to run, but all of the buttons and indicator lights were not working correctly. I tried the "reboot" process once, but that did not seem to change anything. The latest development is that nothing works except the Cancel/Drain button, which runs a two-minute drain cycle. I took everything apart, cleaned the ribbon cable and connections, but that did not help. There are no obvious burn marks anywhere. I cannot find a wiring diagram anywhere that would let me use a continuity tester to test the keypad on the control panel. How can I determine which part to replace?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 8:08:17 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Whirlpool KUDK01TKBL1 Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet. It has the keypad pinouts.

if the keypad checks out OK then it is probably the control board but it is sti;ll a bit of a crap shoot.

If you order a control board from AppliancePartsPros and it does not fix your problem they will let you return it. See their return policy.
File Attachment(s):
KUDK01T.pdf (1,110kb) downloaded 59 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
caloren  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 9:55:59 AM(UTC)
caloren

See the attachment for the tech sheet. It has the keypad pinouts.

I really appreciate the attachment, but I am not enough of an electrical engineer to decipher it. Do you think it is more likely the keypad, or the control board?
Appliance Ninja  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 10:17:32 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

With the power to the dishwasher off, use a hair dryer to heat the keypad until very warm while rubbing each of the buttons very firmly. Does anything change?
caloren  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 12:24:17 PM(UTC)
caloren

Interesting. After heating up and pressing all the buttons repeatedly, the Cycle-Light button now works, meaning when I push the button, the Indicator light comes on. No other buttons work. When I use the Cancel button, it goes off. But the dishwasher will still not run because no other buttons appear to work.
Appliance Ninja  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 12:30:33 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

If you are patient, more heat and rubbing may restore operation, but at least we now know that the issue lies with the panel, not the control. The correct one for your model is available below.

Whirlpool 8270226 Console Asm. - AppliancePartsPros.com