Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
roomservicetaco  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 10:39:45 AM(UTC)
roomservicetaco

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool refrig Model: EL7ATRRKS01. It's a refrig only, with a separate side-by-side freezer next to it.

The fridge seems to run too much. Up to a few days ago, the fridge was pretty cold but the compressor was running very often. I'd turn the thermostat down to below the #1 setting to get it to turn off, then put it back up to about 2.5 and would turn on again.

Now, the compressor does not turn off at all, no matter how low I turn down the dial (until I turn it off). When the compressor is on, the air coming into the fridge is cool but not extremely cold.

Should I replace the thermostat or is there something wrong with the compressor/freon, etc.? How can I test the thermostat before I order the part for it?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.