Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jtmcgarry  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 1:39:59 PM(UTC)
jtmcgarry

Groups: Registered

Before this dishwasher stopped working, various lights were blinking and it would run a partial cycle after resetting the circuit breaker. After that it just stopped working all together and no lights would come on.

Based on other threads I read on this site, I decided to replace the electronic control board (part number W10298356). After I replaced it, I closed the door and turned the power on. No buttons worked. So I opened the door on the dishwasher, turned the circuit breaker off, waited 15 seconds and turned it back on. When I close the door on the dishwasher, the drain motor runs for 60 seconds, then the wash light comes on (motor still running) for another 60 seconds and then it stops - no lights. After that, no buttons/lights work on the front panel. I have repeated this 3 times after turning the circuit breaker off/on.

Do I need to replace the front membrane control panel as well?

Thank you,
Jack
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Ninja  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:23:36 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

The symptoms you are experiencing, especially after replacing the control, do suggest the control panel is indeed shorted. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing over the buttons firmly. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. The correct one for your model is available at the link below.

Whirlpool W10199787 Panel-Cntl - AppliancePartsPros.com
jtmcgarry  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:12:41 PM(UTC)
jtmcgarry

Thanks Ninja! I tried the hair dryer trick but no luck. I am ordering the touch pad control panel. I also found this tech sheet that was very helpful on another post. It is too large to upload on this site so it is on another site, Download MDB7709.pdf

Un-click the " use our download manager" as this may install software on your computer that you do not want and then download it using the gray button.

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...-work.html#ixzz2kTJayvW6
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

Thanks again!
Jack
Appliance Ninja  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:16:50 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

Great, thank you! I have that tech sheet but it is not usually helpful unless all the buttons work. Thanks again, have a great evening!
rodikaenderson  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:43:40 AM(UTC)
rodikaenderson

Please to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing over the buttons firmly.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply