Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mdbk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:49:14 PM(UTC)
mdbk

Groups: Registered

Having some problems with my whirlpool washer.
The other day it stopped working.
The washer will fill, but will not agitate, spin, or drain in any cycles.
I have tested the lid switch and it is working properly.I have also bypassed the switch with a jumper (tested to verify it is a closed circuit) and the agitate, spin and drain are to affected.

I removed the cover of the machine and disconnected the drain pump. I am able to rotate the drain pump and I removed the hoses to verify that there were not any obstructions. When the pump was removed I rotated the motor shaft and the basket did spin, so I do not think it is an issue with the coupler or the transmission. Also removed the motor and gave it a jump and it started to run, so it is not a motor problem.

Checked wires and terminals and could not find any indication of a broken/damaged wire or terminal.

I noticed that the timer did not advance at any stage and did not make any sounds. went to the local appliance parts store and got a new timer switch and replaced the existing timer switch with a new timer switch. It did not make a difference (so out the $150 )

Other than the tub filling, there are not any sounds coming from the motor, timer, etc when the timer is started at any point.

Any advice on where to go or what to check next?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.