Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
damadczar  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 3:26:51 PM(UTC)
damadczar

Groups: Registered

I've got a GE Front load washer.

When running a normal load, it washes just fine.
Then, during the 1st rinse cycle fill it starts leaking from the bottom, and I see the water come out from the bottom panel.

I removed the bottom panel, and tried to feel up under the "bellows?", underneath where the door is and cannot identify where the water may be coming from.

It happens during the 1st part of the rinse fill, where it looks like it's cleaning the door, b/c the water is falling down onto the door. After about 15-20 seconds, it switches to filling the tub, and the leak stops.

I was thinking it might be the door bellow seal, but why only on the door rinse, and not any other time when the water is butting up against that area during a normal wash?

Is there something I can do to help diagnose this problem more? I'm certainly willing to post pictures and try stuff out.

Thanks!

Steven
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.