Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rdmachado  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 4:01:12 PM(UTC)
rdmachado

Groups: Registered

Does Anyone Know How To Enter The Diagnostic Mode On A Ge French Door Style Fridge Model#: Gss6kkyss
The Display Shows That The Freezer Temp Is -8 Degrees It Is Set To -2 Degrees The Actual Freezer Temp Is About 24 Degrees. I'm Not Sure Which To Replace The Main Computer Board Or The Fz Thermistor. The Diagnostic Mode Should Be Able To Tell If The The Thermistor Is Faulty.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rdmachado  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:55:50 PM(UTC)
rdmachado

Oops I Missed A Letter In The Model Number Its A :
Ge Model Gss6kkyess
richappy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:26:53 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Check the compressor in the back, should be warm and vibrating. If hot and not vibrating, you probably have a bad start device on the side of the compressor.
rdmachado  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:59:49 AM(UTC)
rdmachado

Thank you for your response however the refrigerator works perfectly infact the I e maker is located in the refrigerator compartment and is also working perfectly. Only the freezer has the issue. The display says the freezer temp is below zero but the actual temp is about 26 degrees. It has to be either the fz sensor or the computer it's self. I'm just not sure which as the tech sheet does not say what the ohm value of the sensor should be at specific temps.
richappy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:56:43 AM(UTC)
richappy

There are no diagnostics for these GE fridgs. If you are sure the fridg is running a long time and just stopping for defrost, your freezer temperature should be below zero, if not, you have a bad compressor/refrigerant leak, amprobe and gauges would confirm.
rdmachado  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:30:39 PM(UTC)
rdmachado

Rich, if the compressor had a problem or there were a leak the refrigerator compartment would not be sitting pretty at 37 degrees nor would the ice maker work. This is a French door bottom freezer style fridge it is electronically controlled with a digital touch screen display. I have been an appliance and electronics technician for 17 years. These refrigerators do have a self diagnostics mode. Most all other ge makes of this style enter diag mode by pressing freezer temp up and down + fridge temp up and down buttons at the same time. This unit being touch screen does not have those buttons. That is why I was asking if someone new the sequence for entering diag mode. I appreciate your trying to help. But anyone should know that if the refrigerator compartment is working perfectly and the ice maker is working as I stated on previous post that there is no possible way that the issue is a refrigerant or compressor problem. Please don't post unless its something useful
Thank you
richappy  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 12:58:14 AM(UTC)
richappy

If the freezer temperature is only 24 degrees, you have refrigeration problems.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply