Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chickenfriend  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:06:36 AM(UTC)
chickenfriend

Groups: Registered

I am am doing a hub and seal kit for this washer. Second time for this repair, last one was in 2007 (2013 now).

Washer purchased in April 1996. Mfg. number is PLW8303W2B and serial number is 9603063167.

First, I noticed the the kit outer tub seal--the round hollow gasket that fits between the plastic snap-on ring and the tub flange-- has a smaller diameter than the old one.

It appears there are two gasket types for this model, a 32857 and an older 27184.

The 32857 is what came with the repair kit. I don't know what gasket this washer is supposed to take.

Second, a lint screen disc fastens to the hub. I see where a paper-like gasket is included in the kit to go in the same place. Should I discard the lint screen and use the gasket, instead?

This is the last time I repair this washer. The cost of the kit, sealant, belt, and time of repair is a consideration, and I noticed the outer tub has developed a few rust places on the bottom where the porcelain has eroded away. I treated the rust, but that is a tough place for paint to survive.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.