Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Happychef  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:46:43 PM(UTC)
Happychef

Groups: Registered

Hello, I have a problem with my oven that maybe you can help with. It is an Amana AGR5844VDD1 that I purchased four years ago. I noticed that every time I'm cooking something in the oven, the oven will preheat fine and reached the specified temperature as it should and then, about an hour later, the oven temperature will decrease drastically. For example, if I'm cooking at 450 degrees it will hold that temperature for about an hour than the oven temperature would decrease to a point where you could actually put you hand in the oven without getting burned. The flames are still on in the oven and the digital temperature display still shows 450 degrees, but for some reason, the temperature would cool off and never go back up to the original setting. This obviously makes it impossible to cook anything that requires to be in the oven for over an hour as it will not maintain the temperature setting. I appreciate any help you can offer.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:12:49 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

You more then likely have a bad temp probe, a weak ignitor or a bad main control board...........Test the probe first should be around 11oo ohms at room tempature....then heat the oven up to 350 and disconnect the probe it should be around 16k ohms..........also you said it still has a flame are you sure because it could just be the ignitor glowing and you think it's a flame.............remove the bottom panel and test the unit for over an hour and make sure you have flame if you don't then your ignitor is probably getting weak and not pulling 3 amps or more it'll glow and work but won't release gas and will cook your stuff slowly but surely within several hours.
oven temp probe - YouTube
oven ignitor testing - YouTube
Happychef  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2013 12:00:12 PM(UTC)
Happychef

I would like to thank the HumboldtRepairMan for making an excellent diagnosis. It turned out to be a weak ignitor. Thanks again.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply