Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tmreed  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:45:34 AM(UTC)
tmreed

Groups: Registered

My lower heating element shorted out last night. When I turned the oven off, there was one portion of the element about an inch long that seemed to remain on, glowing red and smoking. I had to shut the breaker off to get the element to go all the way off. Is the fact that the element stayed on a by-product of it shorting out (or arcing) or do I have something more to be concerned about? I ordered a new element this morning but now I'm worried that the problem could be electrical. Is this a valid concern or should replacing the element be the fix?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:26:12 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Groups: Registered

Turn the breaker off..........pull the element off and take the two wires leading to it and put cardboard behind them so they don't touch the body and take a voltmeter and turn the breaker on and measure the voltage if you have 240 when the bake function/or knob is off you probably have a faulty main control or bake switch depending on which unit you have........if you only have 240 when you have it on that bake function on the touchpad or knob then just replace the element...........video's to help
http://www.youtube.com/results?...1.11.youtube.x2JQupo3PrI
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply