Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
snapline  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 8:10:01 AM(UTC)
snapline

Groups: Registered

I have a LG dishwasher, model LDF6920ST.
Currently experiencing water leakage along bottom of door. I have ordered a new door gasket for the unit, but I fear there is also a problem with the 'lower door seal'.
Not sure about that, so I have ordered the door gasket and will install when received and check leak situation.
Having said that IF the unit requires a lower door seal, I have found that LG now requires one to purchase a full interior door liner. Seems the lower seal is crimped into place on the replacement part. I began pulling the interior door liner here and found that the liner is 'spring loaded'. I stopped due to fears of not being able to reassemble properly.
Are there any instructions for replacement of same?
Would appreciate any and all info.
Thanks!:)
Snapline
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 5:54:16 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

First off remove bottom panel to make sure your supply hose isn't leaking. Your unit must be perfectly level from side to side and front to back otherwise alot of models will leak the front. Also inspect the spray arms for cracks and make sure to turn the unit on and to open the door quick so you can see the spray arms rotating during cycling if not this will cause a leak as well. It's rarely the tub gasket that most people think and the two on the sides are just vapor barriers and don't stop leaks persay. Watch some video's to help you find your problem
dishwasher leaks from door - YouTube
snapline  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2013 7:39:50 AM(UTC)
snapline

Thank you for this information. I will research all and move forward with a repair hopefully.
Very much appreciate your time and your knowledge.
Thanks again!
frerrephoca  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:38:12 AM(UTC)
frerrephoca

Hi everyone!

Check out.
faboulous
rosacea
frerrephoca  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:42:29 AM(UTC)
frerrephoca

Hi!

I've recently come across
excellent
rosacea
frerrephoca  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:46:16 AM(UTC)
frerrephoca

Hey! Come to our website.

Check out.
excellent
rosacea creme
Naraworma  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:41:40 PM(UTC)
Naraworma

Hi everyone!
I've recently come across amazing
haarausfall bei männern
Naraworma  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:47:55 PM(UTC)
Naraworma

Good day!
I've recently come across faboulous
haarausfall bei männern
snapline  
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 9:56:30 AM(UTC)
snapline

Well, to update I have replaced BOTH door gaskets on this dishwasher. They were in need of replacement so no loss there.
Having siad that the leak continues!

I am at a point, AFTER checking level, lower spray arm, upper spray arm, which all are good to go forward and replace the door gasket, which is along the bottom of the door itself.

I have 'felt' along the bottom edge of the door and can feel this gasket as it lays from left to right along the edge of the door along the bottom. It seems to be have a 'bubble' or rounded surface to it. It would be logical that this shape continue along its' entire length from the left lower corner of the door assembly going horizontally across to the lower right corner of the door assembly. IT DOES NOT!
At three [3] spots across its' horizontal length, the shape goes 'flat'! This makes no sense to me since when the door closes this gaskets presses down on a smooth surface with no change in its' surface. There are no humps or bumps that would cause such a modification in the shaping of the gasket.

Interestingly enough, the leak in the door gasket relates directly to one of these flat areas! Also it should be noted, that there is a white plastic vent, [on the bottom of the door assembly towards the lower left corner]. My assumption is this is for intake or exhausting of air, etc. Not sure, but the leak is in this area.

I have researched and found that in order to replace this gasket I have to purchase part AP4439526 at the price of $159.99 + shipping and tax.
I would do so immediately IF I knew this would solve the issue.

Can anyone assist me with an answer as to why this gasket has a different shape as described and confirm, that my conclusions are correct please. I cannot afford to waste money on parts that are needed!

Thanks again!
Snapline
ehart3000  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:33:33 PM(UTC)
ehart3000

I had this problem and turns out it didn't have anything to do with the door gasket. It was a problem with the casing assembly for the vented drying system. Here's a detailed fix that requires a new part, phillips screwdriver and about 20-30 minutes of your time. Help! My LG Dishwasher LDF6920ST Is Leaking Water | A Lesson Learned.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply