Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bitdefender  
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 5, 2018 3:06:57 AM(UTC)
bitdefender

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: devitojj Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I have a kenmore dishwasher 665.13213k900 and the thermal fuse keeps blowing.
It is located on the control board.
I have replaced this fuse 3 times and it will last between 30 and 60 days and then it will blow again.
I used the pigtail harness when replacing the fuse.
I ran the diagnostics and it/I found no problems Heated Dry->Normal->Heated Dry->Normal
Is there something else I could check to see why it keeps blowing?

Contact on Bit- defender Customer Service Number +1-855-205-4069 If you are facing any problem in your bit defender antivirus like your antivirus is not installed in your pc then you can contact on Bit- defender Install Phone Number +1-855-205-4069 Our Bit-defender Customer Care Support Services are available 24/7 hours to deal with your Bit- defender problems and Error Code and messages. for more information visit this link
https://www.bitdefendersupportnu...or-reinstall-bitdefender
kipmc7  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 9:56:25 PM(UTC)
kipmc7

Groups: Registered

I had the same problem as many people on here. Thermal fuse kept popping.
I put a Ammeter in line with the fuse and ran normal cycle. The draw was 2 amps reading it on a digital meter. That's Way under the 10 amps that the fuse says it's rated for.

I inspected every connection I could find; door switch, motor connection, power cord to junction box in DW. All were perfect. I am running an extension cord to the DW because the outlet is way back behind a large refrigerator. I know that can be an issue.

After not finding the cause, I decided to try something. I bought an in-line fuse holder (Bussmann HMK SFE $6.00 at Home Depot) and then a few fuses (Bussmann AGC 10A $1.50 for 5) They were 150/250 V and 10 amps. I bough a few 5 amp fuses as well, just to see what would happen.

I spliced in the fuse holder and installed a 5 amp fuse. You just twist and pull to put the fuse in. I tried the 5 amp first. It blew! So my 2 amp reading was off but a digital meter does not read quick spikes very well.

A 10 amp has been working fine for a week now.

So unless my DW is running VERY hot, and I see no evidence of that, the fuse was blowing due to the current and yet a 10 amp fuse is not blowing any more.

I think the factory thermal fuse wears out and starts blowing at much less that 10 amps.

I'll try this for a while and see what happens. If I destroy the circuit board It will be my fault.