Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
applelady  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:40:39 PM(UTC)
applelady

Groups: Registered

maytag washer bought July 2011. Washer stopped with 12 minutes left in cycle. The circuit breaker it is on had tripped. When I checked the washer later I had to unplug it and then ran the rinse, spin cycle. It ran to 2 minutes left. The door stayed locked and the add clothes light was on. Tried this a couple of times. Then the washer would not run at all. I had a guy come out and unlocked the door, by taking the bottom panel off and releasing the lock manually. He thought the main computer board was probably bad. Should we replace this? or is there a bigger issue that caused the circuit breaker to trip? Or should we buy a new machine?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:39:31 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Could be anything. Could be something with your electrical in your walls shorting out that caused it. You could of overloaded that circuit with other appliances or things. Get your electrical checked out and make sure your not exceeding the amp pull for your breaker and make sure you don't have a bad receptacle or wiring in your walls especially if it's an older house. Check the main board if you have 120v going to it and nothing responding it's either the main board or touchpad. Watch a youtube video to troubleshoot, good luck
applelady  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:50:12 AM(UTC)
applelady

We built our house 20 years ago and have had no issues with our wiring. I am worried if we replace the control board on the washer that something else was wrong to cause the power surge and blow the board.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:36:26 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Got any error codes that are popping up at all? Codes usually pop up on an error like this.
applelady  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:16:28 PM(UTC)
applelady

I had the error code LF. I cleared the code and tried to run the automatic diagnostic. It would not run. So the guy that came and showed me how to unlock the door manually said it was the control board.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:32:05 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

LF is long fill meaning possibly the inlet valve is clogged or the screen where the hoses come in or it could be a main board fouling out causing random codes or a wiring issue to the main board. It's very rare units cause a breaker to trip unless you have a hot wire touching ground to the unit or a wire harness issues grounding out. I haven't seen a main control going out on a unit and tripping a breaker in a long time. Check for melted wiring under the touchpad or underneath the unit first with a good inspection before thinking about purchasing a new main board if you blow it you buy it. Check your breaker you may have a bad breaker also it's possible i've seen it or you may have too many things hooked up to the same circuit or plugs that are shared with that washer an overload of the circuit causes it to trip also.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply