Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lillob0107  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:37:02 PM(UTC)
Lillob0107

Groups: Registered

I went down to check out the washer and when i lifted the lid i noticed water still in the tub and seemed to stop on the rinse cycle. when i try to pick different cycles it doesn't work, i notice a lightly buzzing noise, nothing to extreme so i know the machine still has power to it. i tried the lid switch at first before, because sometimes i'd choose different cycles and it acted like it had no power, but then i noticed sometimes it has the buzzing. I've drained out the tub/ accessed the water pump removed the nozzle there and watched the water flow right out the pump fine. So i'm assuming the pump may be bad and just won't drain it since nothing seems clogged in it, but any other advice will greatly be appreciated
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Lillob0107  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:16:40 AM(UTC)
Lillob0107

Groups: Registered

update, after having time to actually get to look at it more i tilted the washer up took the belt off, noticed that the pulley on the motor was melted some but i believe i can clean it up some and keep it functional since it seems like a pain to replace it, but the water pump must of seized up cause the pulley on it was super hard to move so i'm going to assume that's the issue any advice on possibly changing the pulley on the motor if possible?
fairbank56  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:02:12 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The motor pulley was never a normal replacement item however they did come out with a pulley kit for replacing just the pulley vice the whole motor. I'm not sure on the availability of this kit now so you will have to do a search on it. Here is the tech bulletin on it.

https://secured.whirlpoo...a62/$FILE/TDL-0143-B.pdf

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply