Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jnvo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:16:41 PM(UTC)
jnvo

Groups: Registered

Hi, I hope someone can give me some hope with my problem. My refrigerator is 11 years old and a few days back it stopped working. Both the freezer and fridge side are warm. In the span of one night everything started to defrost in the freezer and both side started getting warm. The door seals are intact and the light is working. I clean under the fridge of dust and notice that the fan is running also but the compressor doesn't sound like it was running. I called out a serviceman and he said it was the relay(electrical compartment?), he changed it and charged me $150 :(. It has been 4 hours, yet I do not feel the cool air at all. He told me if it doesn't get cold by 24 hours, he can come back to refill the refrigerant:confused: . I didn't even ask him to check if it was low. Now my dad is pissed at me because the guy did not fix the fridge. Help please?

Also: when I turn both of the temp knob off, I hear clicking sounds, the fan stop, then the fan start 3 sec and then stop, and some weird noise on the top left of the fridge. And I also the coils behind the back panel if they were frozen, they are not.

I also tried calling the serviceguy back to see if I will be charged tomorrow. I'm thinking, yes, probably.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.