Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
olac757@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2013 9:08:21 PM(UTC)
olac757@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

First wife notice washer not draining periodically. Did not happen to me for sometime but when it did happen, I could not get it drain and/or spin. I also notice the timer remained on turning until I turned it off. Now I am not sure if it is a drain pump or timer issue. What can I do to find out which part is the problem? I do have a digital ohm meter.:rolleyes:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 4:56:18 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Washer must be drained before it will go into spin. After agitation stops and it won't drain (timer continues advancing), check for 120vac across the pump terminals. If good, pump is faulty unless it's running but not pumping (may be blockage), if not, timer is faulty.

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...h23x10013-ap3160348.html

GE WH12X10202 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
olac757@gmail.com  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:57:29 AM(UTC)
olac757@gmail.com

Great! What I have done was attached leads of digital reader to drain pump connectors plug in unit, turned timer to drain cycle and pulled to start the timer to supply power to drain pump. The digital meter reading was near 120vac. Thus timer is supplying power to drain pump. The pump is not clogged though removed drain pump "propeller" and notice collar (plastic) at base of spindle where it slides into housing and meets enclosed motor broken. Also small particles what appears to be sand on outside of drain pump housing. From all of this I gather that the pump is faulty not the timer. All that said, I removed broken collar plugged in drain pump turned on power supply to drain cycle and pumps works but rattles. I believe that the issue maybe the broken collar which is a very small part. Who will have it?
olac757@gmail.com  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 8:21:25 AM(UTC)
olac757@gmail.com

After further thought....I will purchase a new pump from appliancepartspro webb site. Thank you for the forum.