Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jackier  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2013 5:23:00 PM(UTC)
Jackier

Groups: Registered

My Estate dryer is not heating up. Checked voltage nothing is reading on the thermostat on the blower or the bottom one that is attached to the housing on the outside of the heating element. The thermal fuse is also not giving off a reading, but I already replaced that part. There is proper voltage going to the machine. I am getting a reading on the top thermostat that is attached to the heating element. Dryer runs fine just no heat. Any suggestions on my next course of action? Dryer worked fine since I have had it this problem has just happened.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2013 3:41:50 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Estate TEDX640PQ1 Dryer - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet.

I am assuming that by correct power, you have checked for 240 volts at the terminal strip in the unit.
Another test is to check that the timer advances in timed dry when the unit is running. It also uses 240 volts.

Note that the thermal fuse on the blower kills power to the motor.

Using voltage when trouble shooting heating problems can get confusing because Neutral/ground is not part of the heater circuit.

You are better off starting with resistance.
It is a good idea to disconnect one side of any device you are measuring as this ensures that you do not read an alternate/parallel circuit path.
Also in the heater circuit you should use your most sensitive meter scale.

The heaters are usually in the 8 to 12 ohm range.
The hi-limit, thermal cutoff and the operating thermostat should all be 0 ohms at room temperature.
The timer switch 2 should also be 0 ohms when the timer is in a hwating type cycle.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply