Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andymit99  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:33:09 PM(UTC)
andymit99

Groups: Registered

This is a five year old LG side-by-side refrigerator. It started to get noisy a few months ago and seems to be getting worse recently (could be due to the hotter summer weather). The noise is on and off. When I open the refrigerator door, the noise does NOT get worse. The refrigerator is still cooling fine but the noise is getting very annoying.

Below is a link to the noise I recorded
FileSwap.com : 20130730 222746.m4a download free

You may need to turn your speaker volume up to hear it better.

I'm wondering what parts can possibly go wrong to make this noise. Your help is very much appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:04:38 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Sounds like a fan.

Since the noise does not get louder when you open the freezer door I would check the one in the back by the compressor first.

Could be just a dirty fan blade.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
andymit99  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:54:01 PM(UTC)
andymit99

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like a fan.

Since the noise does not get louder when you open the freezer door I would check the one in the back by the compressor first.

Could be just a dirty fan blade.

Thanks. I checked the noise again. The noise seems to be coming from the fan. Also, just some additional information. I noticed that the plastic container under the fan has water in it. I used a towel to dry the container. But after a while, there was water again.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:35:46 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

thats a evap pan it's supposed to have water in it that's the defrosted water from the evaporator and that condensor fan as well as the heat from the compressor and condensor coils is what dries that water out. That water shouldn't exceed the top of that plastic pan. Yeah what denman said track which fan is making the noise by getting close to it while running and replace the whole fan don't try and replace the blade or in parts just replace the whole fan. Good luck
andymit99  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 6:59:33 AM(UTC)
andymit99

That information helps. Thanks!

Originally Posted by: HumboldtRepairMan Go to Quoted Post
thats a evap pan it's supposed to have water in it that's the defrosted water from the evaporator and that condensor fan as well as the heat from the compressor and condensor coils is what dries that water out. That water shouldn't exceed the top of that plastic pan. Yeah what denman said track which fan is making the noise by getting close to it while running and replace the whole fan don't try and replace the blade or in parts just replace the whole fan. Good luck
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply