Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
coondog  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 2:56:20 PM(UTC)
coondog

Groups: Registered

My icemaker had some ice buildup between the bin and the actual unit. It was preventing the paddle arm from functioning. I got the ice out, but it is not making ice now. The green light is on. I also tried to reset it by turning it on and off and pushing the paddle 3 times. It sounded like it might be trying, but nothing happened in the end. Any ideas on what my problem might be. I was going to give it around 24hrs to settle and see what happens. I will be home in a bit to check on it, but I am pretty sure nothing is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 4:30:35 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Maybe a bad seal kit on the ice maker allowing warmer air up into ice maker area that is melting the ice and making it a solid block causing the agitator to seize.....or you may have a water leak when the tray is filling possibly that's not just landing in the tray or splashing.....investigate where the ice is forming on the particular side of the bin and unit....... track any possibilities.
coondog  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 4:57:00 PM(UTC)
coondog

The unit isn't functioning at all as far as I can tell. I can't see a leak because there is no water coming out and filling up the tray. Plenty of water coming out of the water dispenser though. Pretty sure the line isn't frozen.
coondog  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:24:25 AM(UTC)
coondog

Anyone have any idea or starting points??
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply